• A potluck dinner is held on the first Tuesday of each month at 6:00 pm. Food tables are set up at 5:50. A program follows the `meal, featuring a guest musician, entertainer, or lecturer. After the program, there is a short business meeting before dismissal.
• Cards and games are played on the other Tuesday evenings at 6:30 pm, and usually each morning, Monday to Friday, from
10:30 until lunch, and again after lunch until about 3 pm. That depends on how many are present and wanting to play
• The Red Cross’ Good Neighbor Nutrition Program provides meals for seniors at 11:30 a.m. The cost is $2 each, but pre-registration is required. It also provides the Meals on Wheels program for those unable to come to the Center. For information
call Marlene Akers at (316) 542-3721 or 542-0089.
• Computers are available for use by seniors when the Center is open for games and meals, M-F, approximately 10:30 to 3.
• Special classes are sometimes offered at the Center. These are announced in the Times-Sentinel and sign-up sheets are available at the Senior Center during the game and meal times
• The Center may also be rented for special occasions. The cost is $60 per each occasion.
For information call Imogene Beat at (316) 542-3673.
For additional information, call President Curtis Dean at (316) 540-0105 in afternoons or evenings.
credit – www.cheneyks.org
photo credit – ctsenatedem