By Ryan Flaming, County Extension Agent, Agriculture & Natural Resources
The South Central Kansas Experiment Irrigation Field near Hutchinson will host its fall field day on Tuesday, August 25. The field day begins at 5 p.m. with registration. A complimentary meal will be served after the presentations, courtesy of Agri- Business Committee of the Hutchinson/Reno County Chamber of Commerce and Dow AgroSciences, LLC. Pre-registration to obtain a head count for the meal is requested by Monday, August 24 by contacting Gary Cramer at 620-662-9021 or email@example.com.
Field day topics and presenters include:
- ᾉReview of Growing Season Conditions – Gary Cramer, Agronomist-in- Charge, South Central Kansas Experiment Field
- ᾉEl Nino and Extended Weather Expectations – Mary Knapp, Weather Data Library
- ᾉPerformance of Grain Sorghum under Dryland and Limited Irrigation — Jonathan Broeckleman, Agronomy Graduate Student
- ᾉDrought-tolerant Corn under Dryland and Limited Irrigation — Trent Newell, Agronomy Graduate Student
- ᾉWeed Control Program in Enlist Corn – Gary Cramer, South Central Kansas Experiment Field
- ᾉHow to Control Enlist Volunteer Corn – Curtis Thompson, Weed Management Specialist
- ᾉEnlist Cotton: Demonstration of Enlist Duo Buffer Requirements – Gary Cramer, South Central Kansas Experiment Field
- ᾉEnlist Weed Control System: An Explanation of the Components – Dow AgroSciences, LLC
- ᾉKansas Grain Sorghum Commission – Sarah Sexton-Bowser
The field day will be held at the irrigation field, approximately 2 miles south of Partridge on Highway 61, at the intersection of Highway 61 and Red Rock Road, on the east side of the road. The field address is 9314 West 61 Highway.
If you have any questions, please contact me a firstname.lastname@example.org or call my office at 316-284-6930.