(StatePoint) A smart, connected home is what’s in style. In fact, since 2014, research shows smart technology has increased in priority during renovations, especially for first-time home buyers.
Wondering what options are out there? Here are six ways to add tech to your space.
1. Stay Cool and Comfortable. Certain smart thermostats on the market today intuitively understand when to turn on heating or cooling equipment based on your home’s unique energy profile, the weather outside and thousands of other data points — making sure you’re comfortable 24/7. Some units even claim to save homeowners enough energy to pay for themselves.
2. Design the Perfect Shower. The first Wi-Fi/cloud-based digital shower on the market, U by Moen shower, allows users to precisely set shower temperature and flow with an in-shower digital controller or from their smartphone, thanks to a helpful app. Need extra snooze time? Power on the shower from bed and it will alert you when it’s ready. Picky about your shower preferences? The ability to set up to 12 custom pre-sets in the app ensures you get your perfect shower every time.
3. Keep Your Eye on Fido. Ever wonder what your dog is up to while you’re away at work? Now, there are fun, tech-based ways to check in on furry friends. HD pet cameras enable owners to monitor their pets with a wide-angle view, day and night. Some even offer an app that allows owners to toss a treat to their dogs or play a game of catch. Plus, a barking sensor sends notifications to your phone so you can see what’s happening and calm down your pooch via two-way chat.
4. Be Hands-Off in the Kitchen. Imagine the convenience of having a kitchen faucet turn water on or off, without a touch. Faucets with Moen’s MotionSense Wave touchless technology feature single-sensor hands-free activation, allowing users to easily activate the faucet with the wave of a hand. It’s perfect for when your hands are too full or messy to turn on the faucet, and also helps minimize the spread of dirt and germs, since you don’t have to touch the faucet.
5. Create the Right Ambiance. The perfect lighting is now right at your fingertips. Instead of a regular incandescent bulb, smart lightbulbs allow homeowners to control lighting with a few taps on your smartphone or tablet. Want to turn on lights when you’re away or adjust their brightness and color? No problem. What’s more, the bulbs last longer and even help save energy.
6. Make Food Prep Smarter. Not sure how to blend your favorite concoction? Vitamix Ascent Series blenders have you covered. These high-performance, Bluetooth-enabled blenders are compatible with a family of Self-Detect Containers that sense which container is being used and automatically adjust settings. The Ascent Series machines also connect and communicate with the Vitamix Perfect Blend Smart Scale and Recipe App to seamlessly guide you through recipe preparation.
From customizing your kitchen to creating a luxurious bathroom, smart home devices can now cater to your preferences, elevating everyday experiences.