(NAPS)—Everyone has the opportunity to help improve the environment—to save energy and money while knowing you’re helping to save the planet—not only during April, the month that features Earth Day, but year-round.
Conserving energy is one of the best ways to fight climate change, according to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
Being more aware of daily energy usage and how best to limit it can also help you keep more of your cash while your home stays comfortable.
- Put a lid on it. Cooking without a cover on the pan eats up triple the energy. The next time you’re making dinner for the family, consider putting a lid on that boiling pot of water.
- Recycle energy. Consider investing in an Energy Star–certified appliance such as the LG EcoHybrid Heat Pump Dryer, which recycles heat to use less than half as much energy as a conventional electric dryer. It’s the first of its kind on the market and received the coveted Energy Star Emerging Technology Award, which recognizes products that significantly reduce energy usage.
- Don’t let heating and cooling dollars go up the chimney. Always close the fireplace damper when it’s not in use.
- Make your air-conditioning unit “smart.” You can now monitor an air conditioner’s energy usage, temperature and sleep timer settings from your smartphone. For example, LG’s Smart AC lets users remotely control their energy-efficient, duct-free air-conditioning system while away from home, so the house always stays at the desired temperature.
- Spot yourself some cash. Use spot lamps when you don’t need to light the whole room. Fit them with Energy Star–qualified bulbs. They provide bright, warm light; generate 75 percent less heat; use about 75 percent less energy than standard lighting; and last up to 50 times longer.
The EPA recognized LG Electronics with the 2015 Energy Star Sustained Excellence Award for continued leadership in protecting the environment through energy-efficient consumer electronics and home appliance products.
For further facts and tips, go to www.lg.com/us/energy-star.