After I made the Strawberry-Rhubarb pie the other day, I had leftover rhubarb.
So I made something quicker but no less tasty – Rhubarb Crisp.
Here’s the recipe:
- 4 cups rhubarb, sliced (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all -purpose flour
- 1/2 quick cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Preaheat oven to 375 degrees.
Grease square pan, 8 X 8 X 2 inches.
Arrange rhubarb evenly in pan.
In a medium mixing bowl, stir together brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
Cut softened butter ( I put mine in the microwave for a few seconds) into dry ingredients.
Sprinkle topping evenly over rhubarb.
Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to cool.
Cut a slab and top with a dollop of whipped cream……