Bacon Jam Brussels Sprouts
- 24 oz brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 large (12 oz) yellow onion, sliced
- 8 oz bacon, diced
- Cattleman’s Grill California Tri-tip Seasoning
- fresh ground black peppers
- 1/4 cup chipotles in adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup raspberry jam
- 2 tbsp Orlando Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
- 2 tbsp Saica Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 Pellet Grill to 425ºF, set up for indirect grilling.
In a Lodge 12” Cast Iron Skillet, over medium heat, cook the diced bacon down until crispy. Strain the bacon grease. Set the cooked bacon aside and toss brussels sprouts & onions in the bacon grease. Season with Cattleman’s Grill California Tri-tip Seasoning. Spread the mixture out on a parchment lined sheet pan. Transfer to the grill.
Grill the brussels sprouts until tender and slightly charred in spots, about 45 minutes.
While the sprouts are roasting, place the cooked bacon, chipotles, jam, garlic and Orlando Balsamic Vinegar of Modenain food processor. Process to break down. With the processor running, drizzle in the Saica Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
When the sprouts are tender, remove from the grill and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add the bacon jam to the bowl and toss sprouts and onions in the bacon jam, to coat.
This recipe will yield 10-12 servings.