- For Baked Apples
- 4 Granny Smith or Gala apples with or without skin
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice or apple cider
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- For Yogurt Topping
- 2 1/2 cups low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
For Baked Apples
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray an 8×8-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- Core and thinly slice apples. Place apples in a medium bowl and toss with apple juice. Mix brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt together in small bowl. Sprinkle over apples and stir gently until apples are coated.
- Pour apples into prepared baking dish. Bake 40 minutes or until apples are slightly browned at edges and sauce is bubbling.
For Yogurt Topping
- Line a colander with several paper towels and place over a bowl to catch drips. Pour yogurt into colander and allow to drain, refrigerated, about 30 minutes. Spoon yogurt into a small bowl and stir in honey and cinnamon.
- For each serving, top ¼ of the warm apples with ¼ of the yogurt topping.