- Total Recipe Time: 30 to 40 minutes
- Makes 4 servings
- 1 beef Strip Steak Boneless, cut 3/4-inch thick (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1-1/2 cups Herdez® Salsa Verde, divided
- 3 cups frozen potato puffs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- Chopped green onions, cilantro sprigs, diced seeded tomatoes
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MEXICAN BEEF BREAKFAST NACHOS
- Place beef steak and 1/2 cup Herdez® Salsa Verde in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes. Meanwhile, place potato puffs in single layer on aluminum foil-lined rimmed baking sheet; bake according to package directions or until browned and crisp.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Heat small skillet over medium heat until hot. Scramble eggs; set aside. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 7 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered 7 to 10 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Remove; let rest 5 minutes. Slice steak lengthwise into thirds, then crosswise into 1/4-inch thick pieces. Keep warm.
- Push potato puffs close together in single layer so edges touch slightly. Evenly layer with eggs, bell pepper and cheese. Return to oven; bake 6 to 8 minutes until heated through and cheese is melted. Top with steak slices. Serve nachos with remaining 1 cup Herdez® Salsa Verde on the side. Garnish with green onions, cilantro and tomatoes, if desired.
“Recipe/information courtesy of The Beef Checkoff www.BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com”,