- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup bacon, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 leek
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup Jarlsberg Cheese, plus additional for topping, grated
- 3 tablespoons parsley
- 4 tablespoons cream
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- In large bowl, mix butter, flour, water and salt together. Knead thoroughly to make firm dough. Pack dough in plastic wrap and let rest in refrigerator for 20 minutes. Press dough into full surface of pie plate and cover with aluminum foil. Prebake in oven 10 minutes, then remove aluminum foil and bake another 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in frying pan on medium heat, saute bacon. Add leek at end of cooking time.
- In bowl, whisk eggs and cream together and add grated cheese, parsley, bacon and leek. Pour filling into crust and top with grated cheese. Bake for 15 minutes, or until edge is golden brown and center is set.
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
To save time, use premade pie crust and bake according to package directions.