Makes 6 appetizers (about 3 per person)
- 18 pieces skinless duck breast fillet, each about 3 inches long
- 9 strips bacon, half-cooked and cooled
- Toothpicks or skewers
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha or other hot sauce
1. Combine the orange marmalade with the remaining marinade ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring everything to a boil while stirring. Cool completely.
2. Place the duck pieces in a resealable plastic bag. Pour the marinade over the duck and toss to coat. Refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
3. Cut the bacon strips in half and arrange them on a clean work surface. Place a piece of marinated duck on the bottom of each strip, roll the bacon and duck up snugly, and secure each one with a toothpick or skewer.
4. Grill on medium-hot until the bacon is crispy.
credit – DU