- Total Recipe Time: 20 minutes
- Makes 8 servings.
- 1 beef Skirt Steak (about 2 pounds), cut into 4 to 6-inch portions
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (12 ounces) Herdez® Roasted Pasilla Chile Mexican Cooking Sauce
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup Herdez® Casera Salsa
- 16 sprigs fresh cilantro
INSTRUCTIONS FOR GRILLED PASILLA BEEF (CARNE ASADA)
- Season steaks with salt and pepper; set aside. Combine Herdez® Roasted Pasilla Mexican Cooking Sauce, onion, orange juice and garlic in large food-safe plastic bag. Place steaks in bag with marinade; turn steaks to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator for 6 hours to overnight.
- Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 7 to 12 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered 8 to 12 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Remove; let stand 5 minutes. Carve steaks into slices. Serve with Herdez® Casera Salsa and garnish with cilantro.
Recipe/information courtesy of The Beef Checkoff www.BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com