Here’s how to enjoy those pumkin seeds.
- Start with 2 cups of pumpkin seeds. You can also use any winter squash, like acorn squash, spaghetti squash, butternut, delicate, Hubbard, etc.
- Soak seeds in water for about 8 hours. This makes the seeds easier to eat and with less sharp pieces. Drain well and use a dishtowel to dry the seeds the best you can. Seeds will stick to the towel, but you can pick them off.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. This will keep from burning the seeds.
- Mix seeds with 1 1/2T of melted butter and 1 1/2T of Worcestershire sauce.
- Sprinkle liberally with salt. NOTE: You can also try Seasoning Salt, chili powder, chipotle seasoning, paprkika, or your favorite spices.
- Spread seeds in an even layer in a jelly roll pan. Place in oven.
- Bake for one hour, stirring a couple of times.
- Store pumpkin seeds in an airtight container.
recipe provided by Wisconsin Fresh Market Vegetable Growers Association