Submitted by Tonya from Wichita
- 5 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 11/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes1
- 4 Tablespoons heavy cream2
- 2 Tablespoons butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- In a large oven-proof (preferably cast-iron) skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 6-7 minutes, turning once. You want to brown the chicken on the outside. Set chicken on a plate and cover tightly with foil until step 5.
- Remove skillet from heat and add the broth, lime juice, onion, cilantro, and red pepper. Return to stove. Cook and stir to scrape up the browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Bring to a boil. Boil gently, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until the liquid is reduced to around 1/4 cup. Reduce heat to medium-low, add the cream and butter. Stir until butter has melted.
- Add chicken to the sauce and place the skillet in oven. Bake 5-10 minutes.
- Serve chicken with sauce spooned on top.