Yield: 6-8 servings
- 12 large jalapeno peppers
- For the filling:
- 12 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- The finely grated zest of one lemon
- Plowboys BBQ Fin & Feather (or other seafood seasoning)
- 8 ounces crab meat
- 12 strips thin bacon, cut crosswise in half
Preheat your grill to 350ºF, set up for indirect grilling.
Cut each jalapeño in half lengthwise. Scrape out the seeds and veins (use gloves or a spoon).
Combine the cream cheese, lemon zest and crab meat in a mixing bowl. Season with Plowboys BBQ Fin & Feather and gently fold the mixture together. Spoon the mixture in to jalapeño halves.
Wrap each jalapeño crosswise with a strip of bacon (you want the filling exposed at each end). Secure the bacon with toothpicks. Place the stuffed jalapeños on a wire rack or FrogMat in the grill.
Cook the poppers until the bacon and filling are browned and the peppers are tender (squeeze them between your thumb and forefinger), 20 to 30 minutes.
Recipe provided by – All Things Barbecue