- Total Recipe Time: 35 to 45 minutes
- Makes 12 appetizer servings
- 1-1/2 pounds beef Top Sirloin Steak Boneless or Ranch Steaks, cut 1-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon garlic-pepper seasoning
- Fresh basil leaves, optional
Caramelized Onion Relish:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
INSTRUCTIONS FOR STEAK KABOBS WITH CARAMELIZED ONION RELISH
- To prepare Kabobs, preheat broiler. Soak twelve 6-inch bamboo skewers in water 10 minutes; drain.
- To prepare Caramelized Onion Relish, heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add onions; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until tender and beginning to brown, stirring occasionally. Stir in balsamic vinegar and brown sugar. Cook 5 to 7 minutes or until liquid evaporates and onion mixture browns and thickens, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper; keep warm.
- Cut beef steak into 1-1/4 inch pieces. Season meat with seasoning blend. Thread 3 beef pieces onto each skewer, leaving small spaces between pieces. Place kabobs on rack of broiler pan so surface of beef is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Broil 7 to 11 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning once.
- Serve kabobs with relish. Garnish with basil leaves, as desired.
- Test Kitchen Tips
- To grill, place kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 6 to 8 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 7 to 9 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
“Recipe/information courtesy of The Beef Checkoff www.BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com”,