- Total Recipe Time: 30 to 35 minutes
- Makes 30 tiny tarts
- 12 ounces Ground Beef (95% lean)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup prepared mild or medium taco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (2.1 ounces each) frozen mini phyllo shells (30 shells total)
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced fat Mexican cheese blend
- Shredded lettuce, sliced grape or cherry tomatoes, guacamole, lowfat sour cream, sliced ripe olives
INSTRUCTIONS FOR TINY TACO BEEF TARTS
- Heat oven to 350°F. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef, onion and garlic in large nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, breaking up beef into small crumbles and stirring occasionally. Pour off drippings, if necessary. Add taco sauce, cumin, salt and pepper; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture is heated through.
- Place phyllo shells on rimmed baking sheet. Spoon beef mixture evenly into shells. Top evenly with cheese. Bake 9 to 10 minutes or until shells are crisp and cheese is melted.
- Top tarts with lettuce, tomatoes, guacamole, sour cream, and olives, as desired.
For more Tiny Beef Tart variations click here.
- Test Kitchen Tips
- Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160ºF. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.