Goose Breast Fajitas
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Marinating Time: 4-6 hours
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 4 goose breast fillets, skin on or off
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/4-inch-thick rings
- 1 bell pepper, any color, cut into
- 1/4-inch-thick rings
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup tequila (or substitute orange juice)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- warm flour tortillas
- lime wedges
1. Place goose breast fillets in a shallow plastic or glass container. Arrange red onion, bell pepper, and jalapeño over goose. In a bowl, combine tequila with the next seven ingredients and mix well. Pour mixture over goose, onions, and peppers. Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours, turning often.
2. Pour off and discard marinade. Heat a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Add goose and brown evenly on both sides, about 3 to 4 minutes each side. Add onions and peppers, and cook until onions are translucent.
3. Remove goose breast when still medium-rare. Allow to rest for a few minutes and then slice thinly across the grain of the meat. Arrange sliced meat on plates, top with onions and peppers, and serve with salsa, tortillas, and lime wedges.
credit – ducks unlimited