Chef Chris Smith (aka The Diabetic Chef), a graduate of the Culinary Institute of America and a person living with type 1 diabetes, may have good news for the nearly 30 million other Americans with his condition: Being diagnosed with diabetes doesn’t mean your life needs to lack flavor. There are many ways to prepare nutritious and delicious meals without sacrificing taste.
In fact, Chef Smith worked with Equal 0-calorie sweetener to develop a digital recipe guide and tips to take the guesswork out of meal planning.
Five other things he suggests:
- Use your resources, including your health care provider, dietitian and Certified Diabetes Educator.
- Understand the relationship between carbohydrates and blood sugar and learn how to manage them.
- Monitor how much sodium, saturated fat and sugar you consume.
- Incorporate more fruits and vegetables into your diet.
- Read nutritional labels—know what you’re eating. A variety of sweet and savory dishes that use Equal instead of sugar are suitable for people with diabetes and anyone who wants a healthy lifestyle. It tastes great in hot and cold beverages, on fruit or cereal, and in most recipes that use sugar
credit – www.napsnet.com