Imagine the taste of your favorite apple pie, combined with the taste of your favorite apple cobbler, served on a homemade shortbread crust. That’s exactly what these Apple Cobbler Shortbread Squares taste like! This is a great apple dessert bar to make in the fall or anytime you get a craving for something apple-icious!
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 1 stick butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoon butter, softened
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, beat 1 stick butter, 1/4 cup sugar, and the vanilla until creamy. Add 1 cup flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt; mix well. Press mixture evenly into baking dish. Bake 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine Filling ingredients; mix until apples are evenly coated. In a medium bowl, combine Topping ingredients; mix until crumbly. Sprinkle half the topping over crust. Increase oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Place apple mixture in an even layer over crust. Sprinkle with remaining topping.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool 2 hours then refrigerate 2 hours. Serve or store in an airtight container.