- 2 pounds Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 cups beer (12 ounce can)
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal or masa harina
- 8 bags (1 to 2 ounces) FRITOS® Corn Chips
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat large Dutch oven over high heat until hot. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil and ground beef. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into small crumbles and stir occasionally. Work in batches if necessary to avoid overcrowding the pan and stewing the beef in it’s own juices. Remove beef; set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil over high heat. Add onion; cook until evenly browned. Add cooked ground beef, chili powder, cumin, garlic and cayenne powder. Season with salt, as desired. Stir until combined.
- Stir in beer, tomatoes and tomato sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, cook 1 hour until chili thickens. Stir in cornmeal. If chili becomes too thick, add a little water. If chili is not thick enough, simmer until desired consistency is reached.
- Slice or fold open bags; spoon beef chili on top FRITOS® Corn Chips. Top each bag with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese. Allow to melt slightly, then serve and enjoy.
(Beef It’s What’s for Dinner)