Recipe By: National Pasta Association
- 1 pound Bow Ties, Radiatore or other medium pasta shape, uncooked
- 1 pound medium fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined, or 1 pound small frozen shrimp, thawed
- 12 sun-dried tomatoes, drained and cut into strips
- 8 fresh plum tomatoes, cut into small cubes
- 2 bunches arugula, cleaned and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 6 sprigs fresh Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 small bunch fresh basil, leaves picked and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
- Juice of one lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, steam the shrimp until the shrimp are no longer translucent.
- Put shrimp in mixing bowl. Add sun-dried tomatoes, fresh tomatoes, arugula, parsley and basil.
- When pasta is done, drain well and immediately add to the mixing bowl.
- Add oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss quickly and very well, and serve immediately.
For more pasta recipes, visit ilovepasta.org
Photo Credit: National Pasta Association