These Cheese Straws are a favorite ’cause they’re easy to make and tasty as can be. They’re just as great for snack time as they are for dipping into a bowl of soup or chili.
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
What You’ll Need:
- 2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat rimmed baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Using your hands, knead well until a soft dough forms.
- Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface to a 1/4-inch thickness. Cut into 1/2- x 3- inch strips; place on baking sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden. Serve warm or allow to cool completely, then place in an airtight container until ready to serve.
Dipping these in a bowl of Chili is fabulous!