Cooking Time: 65 minutes
What You’ll Need:
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 (3 1/2- to 4-pound) beef brisket, trimmed
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 cup + 3 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- What To Do:
- Place a trivet or foil collar in the bottom of a 6-quart or larger electric pressure cooker or Instant Pot.
- In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. Rub mixture over brisket and place fat side up on the trivet in the pressure cooker.
- In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, vinegar, 1 cup water, the ketchup, and liquid smoke, if desired; pour over brisket. Lay onion slices on top of meat.
- Securely lock lid; set pressure cooker to cook 50 to 55 minutes. Perform a natural release. Be careful when opening the top as the steam will be hot. Place brisket on a cutting board to rest for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch and remaining 3 tablespoons water. Set on simmer or heat setting. Stir mixture into pressure cooker and simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until thickened. Slice brisket across the grain and serve sauce over brisket.
- How about picking up some Ciabatta rolls and piling on some sliced brisket to make a delicious Texas-sized brisket sandwich!