Cooking Time: 50 minutes
What You’ll Need:
- 1 1/2 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs (see Note)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, milk, eggs, onion, sage, salt, and pepper; mix well. Place in loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients and spread over top of meat mixture.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until no pink remains. Allow to stand 10 minutes, then slice and serve.
- This is a soft meatloaf, so if you like yours a bit firmer, use 1 cup bread crumbs instead of 3/4 cup.