Recipe from: Wisconsin Fresh Produce
Select carrots that are brightly colored and firm. Do not purchase carrots that are shriveled, soft or cracked. Carrots with small cores are sweeter than those with large, woody cores.
- 16 ounces baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup water
- dash salt
- pepper, to taste
- In a medium saucepan, combine the baby carrots with remaining ingredients.
- Stir to blend ingredients.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and continue boiling (uncovered) for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until carrots are tender and the liquid has evaporated.
Serves 4 to 6.