Cooking Time: 50 minutes
What You’ll Need:
- 2 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound Italian sausage, casing removed
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 2 (15-1/2-ounce) cans dark red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a soup pot over high heat, cook ground beef and sausage 5 minutes; add onions and garlic and cook 10 minutes more or until beef is browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Top with all your favorite chili toppings from shredded cheese to chopped onions and sliced jalapeno peppers. Oh, and when it comes to the sausage, you can make that as mild or spicy as you’d like. After all, it’s your chili.