Recipe courtesy of Emily Caruso of Jelly Toast
Lavender Honey Milk:
- 8 ounces fat free milk
- 1 ounce Lavender Honey Syrup (Recipe below)
Lavender Honey Syrup:
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons culinary lavender blossoms, dried
- To make syrup: In small sauce pan, combine honey, water and lavender. Set saucepan over medium-low heat and stir constantly until mixture is hot, but not boiling, and honey is melted.
- Remove from heat and allow syrup to cool completely. Strain syrup through fine mesh sieve and discard lavender. Refrigerate syrup in lidded jar until ready to use. Note: Makes about 6 ounces of syrup.
- Pour 8 ounces milk into glass. Stir in 1 ounce Lavender Honey Syrup until well combined.
Variation: Stir in 1 teaspoon matcha green tea powder into Lavender Honey Milk for added flavor and color.
Nutritional information per serving: 170 calories; 5 mg cholesterol; 8 g protein; 35 g carbohydrates; 105 mg sodium; 302 mg calcium (30% of daily value).