- Total Recipe Time:
- Makes about 3 tablespoons rub
- 2 pounds beef Tenderloin Steaks, Strip Steaks, Ribeye Steaks or Top Sirloin Steaks, cut 1-inch thick; or 2 pounds Flat Iron Steaks (about 8 ounces each) or 4 pounds T-Bone Steaks or Porterhouse Steaks, cut 1-inch thick
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano or 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon peel
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
INSTRUCTIONS FOR LEMON-OREGANO STEAK RUB
- Combine Rub ingredients; press evenly onto beef steaks.
- Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals or over medium heat on preheated gas grill. Grill according to the chart for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Serve half of steaks immediately, as desired. Cover and refrigerate remaining steaks for later use. Before serving, carve steaks into slices; season with salt and pepper, as desired.