1 acorn squash
2 tablespoons (more or less) butter, margarine or spreadable substitute
2 tablespoons (more or less) brown sugar
1. Wash & dry the squash
2. Microwave squash on high for 4-5 minutes, just enough to make it soft enough to cut easily.
3. Remove from microwave
4. Cut the squash in half and remove the seeds
5. Place both halves in a microwavable dish that has short sides (there will be some juice)
6. Spread the butter around the cavity of each half of the squash
7. Sprinkle the brown sugar on top of the butter
8. Cover with plastic wrap
9. Microwave on high for another 5 minutes. Check to see if the squash is fully cooked. Repeat until you can scrape the squash from the peel with a fork
10. Remove from microwave and use a fork to scrape the squash from the peel. Mix in the melted butter and brown sugar.
11. Serve inside the peel.