Prepared by: Susan Mills-Gray, Nutrition Specialist, University of Missouri Extension
Yield: 8 Servings
- 1¼ pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (divided)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ripe avocados, pits removed
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 small tomato, seeded and diced
- 8 small rolls
- Combine beef, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Divide into 8 equal portions, shaping into a 1/4-inch patty; set aside.
- Combine avocado, onion, garlic, lemon juice, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and hot sauce in a bowl. Add tomato, mixing well.
- Place patties in a grill pan or on a grill over medium heat. Grill 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Serve topped with guacamole mixture on rolls if desired.