Yield: 11-12 dozen rolls
Portion: 1-1 ½ oz.
|Water, warm (110°F)||5 cups (1 ¼ qt)|
|Yeast, active dry or instant||1 oz.|
|Cooked and mashed sweet potato or pumpkin||2 lbs.|
|Butter or margarine, melted||6 oz.|
|Sugar, granulated||6 oz.|
|Eggs, beaten||4 large (7 oz.)|
|Flour, bread||6-6 ½ lbs (variable)|
- In 12 qt. mixer bowl or larger, add yeast in warm water. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Place sweet potato, butter, salt, and sugar in mixer bowl. Mix thoroughly on low speed, using dough hook, until combined.
- Add eggs. Gradually stir in enough flour to make a moderately soft dough. Mix on low speed for about 10 minutes until smooth and satiny or until a small piece of dough can be stretched to resemble a thin membrane. Scrape dough hook and bowl as needed.
- Turn into lightly greased bowl, then turn over to grease top. Cover, let rise in warm (80°F) place until doubled in bulk.
- Punch down dough. Divide into thirds for ease in handling. Shape into rolls or into desired shapes.
- Let rise until double in bulk. Bake at 375°F (convection oven) 6 -8 minutes or until golden brown.
Approximate nutritive values per portion (1 roll, 115 g): 370 calories, 2 g fat, 3g fiber, 1g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 76g carbohydrates, 8mg cholesterol, 84mg sodium, 10g protein, 1mg vitamin C, 5mg iron, 17mg calcium.
Looking for a smaller quantity? Our 24 roll recipe is available here.