This creamy chicken casserole is a weeknight winner!
Simple and satisfying, our Unforgettable Chicken Casserole has that cozy-comfort taste and texture that will make for a memorable meal. Using readily available ingredients, in just 30 minutes oven time, you’ll have a chicken casserole recipe that’ll stick in everyone’s mind!
This delicious creamy chicken casserole recipe is a favorite for several reasons. First of all, it tastes amazing! With plenty of cheese and rich ingredients like mayo and sour cream, this casserole recipe is indulgent in all the best ways. Second, it’s a perfect recipe to feed a hungry family. It makes plenty of servings, and leftovers taste great (if there are any). This is one of those meals that will make leftover night something that everyone actually looks forward to!
Enjoy this cheesy chicken casserole with your family this week. You’ll be happy you did!
What You’ll Need
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cups finely chopped celery
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (4-ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 (6-ounce) can French-fried onion rings
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together chicken, celery, cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, water chestnuts, soup, and almonds. Spoon into prepared baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Sprinkle onion rings evenly over top and bake 5 more minutes, or until bubbly around edges. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.