Good old-fashioned coleslaw is great any time of the year and goes along with almost any dish. When we’re craving a creamy, mayonnaise-based coleslaw we make our Country Coleslaw recipe. It’s an easey coleslaw recipe that the whole gang’ll love!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 cup shredded cabbage (see Note)
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped or thinly sliced green bell pepper
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, sugar, and salt. Add cabbage, carrots, and green pepper; toss to coat well.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- A small head of cabbage yields about 8 cups. You can find pre-shredded cabbage at your market, but it’s simple and budget-friendly to do it yourself!