Updates on recent row crop research, plus complimentary dinner are part of the evening.
Crop production including seed treatments, disease issues, planter research, foliar fungicides, top dieback on corn will be in focus at Kansas State University’s field day on Tuesday, Aug. 9 at 6 p.m. in Rossville.
Field day presentation topics and presenters will include:
· Welcome – Gary Pierzynski, K-State agronomy department head;
· Seed Treatments Update and Current Disease Issues – Doug Jardine, extension specialist and state leader, field row crops;
· Update on Planter Research at K-State – Ajay Sharda, associate professor, biological and agricultural engineering;
· When Does it Pay to Apply Foliar Fungicides in the Kaw River Valley? – Stu Duncan, extension specialist, crops and soils; and
· Top Dieback on Corn; Cause and Cure – Eric Adee, assistant professor, agronomy.
To pre-register for the catered barbecue meal, sponsored by Wilbur-Ellis, call Joanne Domme at the Shawnee County Extension Office at 785-232-0062, ext. 100 by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, Aug. 8.
Commercial pesticide applicators continuing education credits have been applied for.