You don’t have to be a student to enjoy spring break at the Great Plains Nature Center (GPNC). From March 14-18, staff at the GPNC will celebrate the wildlife food chain, dedicating each day to a specific level.
- Monday – Plant Life Day (Producers)
- Tuesday – Herbivore Day (Primary)
- Wednesday – Omnivore Day (Secondary)
- Thursday – Top Dog Day (Tertiary)
- Friday – Snail and Fungi Day (Decomposers / Detritivores)
Each day, guests will have the opportunity to create fun and unique crafts specific to that day’s theme. Naturalists will also present daily morning and afternoon programs in the auditorium, and hikes will be offered twice a day on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
This week promises to be fun and educational for the whole family, so join the GPNC this spring break and explore a new side of nature!
For more information, visit www.gpnc.org, call (316) 683-5499 ext. 105, or find the Great Plains Nature on Facebook and Twitter.