Recipe Prepared by: Susan Mills-Gray, Nutrition Specialist, University of Missouri Extension
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 large granny smith apple, peeled and sliced into thin matchsticks
- ½ cup thinly sliced onion
- 3 medium sweet potatoes cut into thin matchsticks (about 2 cups)
- In a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat. Add apple and onion and cook until soft (about 4 minutes). Set aside in a covered bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to skillet. Spread potatoes in pan in an even layer and press them down lightly with a spatula. Cook until golden brown on the bottom (about 5 minutes).
- Drizzle with remaining oil and flip potatoes. Cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Add apple and onion mixture to potatoes and heat through. Sprinkle with cinnamon and add salt and pepper to taste.
Yield: 8 servings
Nutrition information per serving:
- Calories: 89
- Total Fat: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 27mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 14g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.5g
- Protein: 1g