For the Grilled Chicken:
- 2 chicken leg/thigh sections
- 2 tbsp Cattleman’s Grill 8 Second Ride Carne Asada Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Noble Saltworks Pecan Smoked Flaked Finishing Salt
- 1 tsp cumin
For the chimichurri:
- 1/2 cup green beans, thin sliced
- 6 tbsp minced cilantro
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 1/4 cup minced shallot
- 1/4 cup shelled edamame
- 2 tbsp minced oregano
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp serrano peppers, minced
- 1/2 cup Saica Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
For the fried rice:
- 3 cups cooked jasmine rice
- 2 tbsp Saica Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- Cattleman’s Grill 8 Second Ride Carne Asada Seasoning
- Noble Saltworks Pecan Smoked Flaked Finishing Salt, to taste
- Lime wedges, for serving
Set up your Napoleon Prestige 500 with the charcoal basket in place, filled with lump charcoal. Fire up the burners under the charcoal basket and let the burners ignite the charcoal. When the charcoal is hot, turn off the gas burners.
To make the grilled chicken, combine the Cattleman’s Grill 8 Second Ride Carne Asada Seasoning, Noble Saltworks Pecan Smoked Flaked Finishing Salt and ground cumin and mix well. Season the chicken quarters with the mixture.
Grill the chicken directly over the coals until charred to your liking. Flip and repeat. Move the chicken to the indirect side of the grill and continue cooking until the internal temperature reaches 165ºF. Remove from the grill.
To make the chimichurri, combine all ingredients and mix well.
Preheat a Lodge 12” Cast Iron Skillet over high heat on the infrared side burner. When the skillet is smoking, add the olive oil and beaten eggs. Keep the eggs moving until cooked almost all the way through. Move to the backside of the skillet.
Add the butter to the skillet. When the butter is melted, add the cooked rice, then the chimichurri. Cook, stirring occasionally with a wooden spatula until the rice begins to crisp. Add the shredded chicken and cook until warmed. Remove the skillet from the burner. Taste and adjust seasonings with Cattleman’s Grill 8 Second Ride Carne Asada Seasoning and Noble Saltworks Pecan Smoked Flaked Finishing Salt, to taste. Serve the Grilled Chicken Chimichurri Fried Rice with lime wedges.
Courtesy of: All Things Barbecue; The Sauce