Peachy Chipotle Salsa
Serves: 6 (½ cup per serving)
- 2 cups ripe peaches, diced
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup canned chipotle chili peppers, seeded & minced
- 1½ teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1½ teaspoons cumin seeds, toasted & crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh oregano, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preparation: Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Delicious served over baked fish, chicken or pork.
Recipe courtesy of Produce for Better Health Foundation (PBH). This recipe meets PBH and Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) nutrition standards that maintain fruits and vegetables as health foods.