Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 3 hours, 35 minutes
- 1 package (2-layer size) yellow cake mix
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Spray inside of 6-quart slow cooker with no stick cooking spray. For the Cake, mix all ingredients in large bowl. Pour into greased slow cooker. Place towel over slow cooker and cover with lid.
- Cook 3 1/2 hours on low or until cake is almost set.
- Meanwhile, for the Caramel Sauce, cook and stir all ingredients in small saucepan on medium-high heat 5 minutes or until sauce is smooth.
- Carefully remove slow cooker insert and place on wire rack. Pour 1/2 of the Caramel Sauce over the cake. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes to cool slightly. Serve cake with remaining sauce and ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
- Substitution: Use 1 cup chopped candy bars in place of the chocolate chips.