1 cup rolled oats, old-fashioned or quick oats
1 cup packed brown sugar
½ cup (1 stick) soft butter
6 medium apples, thinly sliced (about 6 cups)
Granulated sugar, optional
- Lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray an 8 to 9-inch baking pan.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour and cinnamon. Stir in oats, brown sugar and butter; mix thoroughly.
- Place sliced apples in baking pan. If apples are quite tart, sprinkle a little granulated sugar over them before adding the topping.
- Sprinkle crumb-like mixture over apples and press down like a crust.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven 40 to 50 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is a golden brown.
Makes 9 servings
One serving provides approximately 282 calories; 3 g protein; 46 g carbohydrates; 4 g dietary fiber; 11 g fat (7 g saturated); 27 mg cholesterol; 11 mcg folate; 1 mg iron and 2 mg sodium.