Roast Beef Tea Sandwiches
- Total Recipe Time:
- Makes 16 appetizer servings.
- 12 ounces thinly sliced cooked (leftover) beef Roast or deli Roast beef
- 8 slices bread, such as white, whole wheat, rye or pumpernickel
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup spread or condiment, such as reduced-fat mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, cream cheese, horseradish sauce, barbecue sauce, onion jam, mango chutney or pesto
- Thinly sliced fruit or vegetable, such as cucumber, baby spinach leaves, tomato, red onion, pear or apple
- Thinly sliced cheese, such as Swiss, Cheddar or Monterey Jack or crumbled cheese such as Blue cheese or goat cheese
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ROAST BEEF TEA SANDWICHES
- Spread each bread slice evenly with spread or condiment, as desired.
- Top 4 bread slices with thin even layers of beef Roast, vegetables or fruit and cheese, as desired. Place remaining bread slices on top, spread-side down.
- Cut each sandwich into quarters forming squares, triangles or rectangles, as desired.
- Test Kitchen Tips
- For more formal appearance, cut crusts from sandwiches before cutting into quarters.