Fall is here with its grand display of beauty and splendor. Neighborhoods are getting ready for the season with pumpkins, flowers and ghouls. With that comes many activities and festivities. Halloween is a fun time but safety must be a priority. Here are some great tips to help you and your family have a safe and happy Halloween.
- Make sure your children’s costumes are fireproof and fit properly to avoid tripping.
- Have them wear face painting instead of masks to prevent covering their eyes.
- Always walk on the sidewalk when possible. Avoid walking in the street or through neighbors’ lawns.
- Teach your child to NEVER enter a stranger’s house or car.
The Center for Disease Control (CDC) reports that the potential for car accidents involving young children increases by four times on Halloween night. So families need to proceed with extra precaution.
- Make sure everyone carries a flashlight, or objects with reflectors to make them more visible.
- Look both ways before crossing the street.
- Do NOT hide or cross the street between parked cars.
Have a great time with your family and enjoy this beautiful season!