- Total Recipe Time: 45 to 60 minutes
- Makes 6 servings
- 1 beef Flank Steak (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 3 tablespoons shredded coconut, toasted
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
INSTRUCTIONS FOR CARIBBEAN FLANK STEAK WITH COCONUT RICE
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice for Marinade; discard excess juice. Reserve crushed pineapple for Coconut Rice.
- Combine marinade ingredients and reserved pineapple juice in small bowl. Place beef steak and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Prepare Coconut Rice. Combine water and rice in medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 35 to 45 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove from heat. Stir in reserved pineapple, coconut, almonds and cilantro. Season with salt, as desired.
- Meanwhile, remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 16 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 16 to 21 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Season with salt, as desired.
- Carve steak across the grain into thin slices. Serve with rice.
- Test Kitchen Tips
- To broil, place steak on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 2 to 3 inches from heat. Broil 13 to 18 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning once.
“Recipe/information courtesy of The Beef Checkoff www.BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com”,