The steak of your choice atop a bed of arugula get a flavor boost from balsamic and parmesan.
- Total Recipe Time: 30 to 35 minutes
- Makes 4 servings
- 1 beef Top Sirloin Steak Boneless, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 1 pound)
- 2 medium onions, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon reduced-fat or regular balsamic vinaigrette, divided
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 12 cups mixed salad greens
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Salt and pepper
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SIRLOIN STEAK AND TOMATO SALAD
- Brush onion slices with 1 tablespoon vinaigrette; set aside. Press chile powder onto beef steak. Place steak in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange onions around steak. Grill steak, covered, 11 to 15 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 13 to 16 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Grill onions 13 to 15 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally.
- Separate onion slices into rings. Carve steak into slices. Season beef and onions with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Toss salad greens with remaining 1/3 cup vinaigrette and divide among 4 salad plates. Top with tomatoes, onions and beef.
“Recipe/information courtesy of The Beef Checkoff www.BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com”