(NAPS)—A few easy changes to your lifestyle can add extra time to your day.
- Sign birthday cards once a month: Buy, sign and address birthday cards all at once. Just remember to send out each card individually as the date approaches.
- Make all your appointments now: Regular doctor checkups and car tune-ups need to be done a couple times a year. If you schedule all these appointments at one time, you won’t have to think about fitting them in for the rest of the year.
- Turn off unnecessary notifications: E-mail and phone notifications for social networking sites can be distracting. Decide which are important and disable the others.
- Make meal decisions now: Plan meals ahead of time. Keep reliable staples in the pantry to simplify your morning routine. For example, the R.W. Knudsen Family® Just Juice line consists of single-fruit, unsweetened, 100 percent juices—an excellent companion for your morning smoothies or a simple vinaigrette. The juices are undiluted to give you what you love from your favorite fruit.
R.W. Knudsen Family® understands that great juice is the result of great fruit. For more than 50 years, the brand has produced quality juice products. It offers more than 100 types of organic fruit and vegetable juices, carbonated fruit beverages, and specialty items. You can visit the website at www.rwknudsenfamily.com for more information and try these recipes in the meantime:
On-The-Go Grape Breakfast Smoothie
3⁄4cup chilled R.W. Knudsen Family® Organic Just Concord® Grape Juice
1medium ripe banana, peeled
1⁄2cup sliced strawberries (about 3 to 4 medium)
1medium navel orange, peeled and sectioned
1⁄3cup low-fat granola
- COMBINE juice, banana, strawberries, orange and granola in blender container. Cover and process until of desired consistency.
Enhance your smoothie with protein powder, chia seeds, ground flaxseeds or sesame seeds.
Tart Cherry and
Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad
1⁄4cup R.W. Knudsen® Organic Just Tart Cherry™ Juice
2tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2tablespoons minced shallots
1⁄2cup extra-virgin olive oil
1pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and shaved or very thinly sliced
2⁄3cup dried tart cherries
2⁄3cup sliced almonds, toasted
Crumbled blue cheese
- COMBINE cherry juice, vinegar, honey, shallots, salt and pepper in small bowl. Whisk in oil until smooth.
- PLACE Brussels sprouts, cherries and almonds in large bowl. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Stir to coat. Top with crumbled blue cheese, if desired. Chill 30 minutes.
A fruit smoothie in the morning…
…and a vinaigrette for a salad in the evening can go a long way toward helping you get the fruits and vegetables you need.