Jami Nolen, former Nutrition Program Associate, University of Missouri Extension
Yield: Makes 1 serving
- 1/3 cup steel cut oats
- 2 tablespoons uncooked pearl barley
- 1¼ cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Combine oats, barley, cranberries and 1¼ cups water in a microwave-safe 4-cup bowl. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Uncover bowl. Microwave, uncovered, at HIGH for 6 minutes or until most of liquid is absorbed, stirring well after 3 minutes. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Top with almonds and honey.
For nutrition information, view this recipe online at http://missourifamilies.
For another oatmeal recipe, check out Slow-cooker Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal at http://missourifamilies.org/